CS and OS(Engg) met CGMT Haryana on 17/3/2011 and discussed following agenda containing few suggestions for the financial viability of BSNL and improvement of BSNL services.CGMT Haryana appreciated the suggestions
and assured for the early settlement of all the issues:-
Agenda for Meeting:-
(1) Non commissioning of wimax BTS sites
(2) FTTH Utilization:- About 1100 crs. GEPON equipment has been purchased by BSNL and lying un-utilized in absence of proper planning for the use of these equipments. Before purchasing these equipments, no market potential has been studied.
(3) Problems in the CDR billing system .
(4) Scarcity of new telephone instruments, Cables and other items in the field units .
(5)Pooling of Vehicles to avoid misuse and pooling of infra and housekeeping units in the adjoining offices on the same floor.
(6) Auction of trunk lines and other obsolete materials.
(7) Curbing of wasteful expenditures Viz; such as Rent and Electricity bills which are being paid for some sites where no BTS is installed/cancelled& closure of loss making exchanges & Closure of multi xges in the same city wherever possible to avoid huge expenditure on operation and mtce and security etc.
(8) PERMANENT POSTING OF DGM AT PANIPAT
(9) Deployment of more staff in pursuit cell and allotment of vehicle on regular basis to expedite and maximize the recovery from defaulters
(10) New 3G BTS sites may be commissioned only after confirmation of actual reqirement from SDE concerned to have proper utilization and good revenue generation and avoid unnecessary expenditure.
(11) Officiating arrangement in the cadre of DE and PS and look after arrangement in the cadre of DGM(FIN)
(12) Relieving of Sh H.S.Verma SDE SAA and Sh R.K.Sharma DE(TX & CM) Panipat and Sh Chander Prakash Mehta SDE Gurgaon and transfer of Sh S N Duhan DGM HSR.
(12)Transfer should be done only on seniority basis and not on pick and choose method.Moreover transfers should be done on the request basis and not in the interest of service to avoid heavy expenditure on transfer TA/TP.
(13) Poor performance of HBL make batteries.So these should not be procured.
(14) Expedite the work of leasing out infra to other
Operartors and Early implementation of installation of ATM in exchange buildings and leasing out 3G spectrum to other operators for roaming to generate additional revenues.
(15) Leasing out of vacant quarters and other prime
Locations for additional revenue generation.
Circle Secy ,AIBSNLEA,Haryana.